Monday, January 15, 2007

Just a quick catch up

Well it has been a couple days since I posted...it has been a busy weekend that's for sure. Friday night I took our deacons to a 2-day training on how to "deak." We got home kinda late and then needed to be up and out Saturday morning for the remaining training class. After the training the deacons and I met with our interim pastor, yes we are still without a senior pastor. I finally got home around 4pm. I was able to take Michelle and the boys to Chico for dinner at Outback Steakhouse (thanks Mom & Dad Green for the gift cards), then we headed to Barnes & Noble to spend gift cards from Christmas. It is always a good thing to go out for dinner and shopping and it only cost me gas money. Sunday was a busy day with church and meetings and things. I finally saw Michelle and the boys around 6:30Pm.

As for us, we are doing pretty good. We are waiting to see what the new year brings and trusting God to direct our way. I however am a little upset by the fact the Dallas Cowboys are out of the playoffs and then the Chargers blow it too. Not sure where any of you are at with the whole football thing, but this past year has not been a good one for "Bob's Teams." However I will say, thick or thin I stay with my teams. I am not a fair-weathered fan.

Well I will write something possibly more interesting next time.

Bob

1 comment:

Tony said...

Gift certificates rock.

Can't say I was bummed to see Dallas lose... but, I was really bummed for Romo. So tough to blow it like that in front of the whole football watching planet. I kept imagining him going back to some empty hotel room and having to deal with it...