Friday, January 12, 2007

A Guy Through And Through

Well I am not sure about you, but for me, I received some money for my birthday (in December) and for Christmas. I decided, like most guys, i needed a new toy to play with. I started researching GPS (Global Positioning System) units. I finally decided on the Magellan 3050T. The cost wasn't bad via Amazon, so i figured i would make the purchase in the next week or so. Today I went to return a couple Christmas gifts to Target and decided while I was there to check out their selection (and to just play with electronics). I noticed they didn't carry the 3050T, however they did carry the 6000T. My mind raced...the 6000T is a better model with more features than I really need. I then noticed something that brought tears to my eyes...it was on SALE! Normally the 6000T runs about $600 anywhere you look. I bought it for $299. That is cheaper than Amazon had the 3050T. If you are in the mood or market for a GPS and want a deal, check out Target.

So with all that said, let me tell you my first experience with my GPS that I guess may sound ironic to many. While shopping today with my wife and youngest son, I decided to see how the GPS worked. I told it that I wanted to return home from the store we were at. The GPS worked quickly to figure the route to take (many options available: shortest, fastest, least freeways, etc.). I began heading as it spoke directions to me. When the second turn came up I decided I didn't want to go that way, so i continued straight. The GPS or Maggie as I now call it, recalculated and gave me the next turn to take, still I didn't take that turn. Each time I made my own choice Maggie quickly adjusted the directions to match. After finally arriving at home I had to laugh, even with a GPS System, I still don't follow directions easily...I guess I am a real guy.

I do like my new toy and think it will come in handy when I travel to places like Texas or Ohio to visit my wife's family, or we just decide to take a trip somewhere. Maybe next time i will actually listen to Maggie. It is a good thing that Maggie is just a computer programmed GPS unit and can't yell at me for not listening.

What about the rest of you? Anything fun for Christmas? Any GPS stories?

Bob

1 comment:

Tony said...

Tell Maggie to be quiet; you know where you're going...