Thursday, January 11, 2007

First Blog of the new year and ever!

Well, I have finally given in to the peer pressure of blogging. Well okay, I have actually done a little on our church site and a couple other places, but this is really going to be my first real attempt to "Be a blogger." We will see if people really read this.

So what has the new year brought? Well while I was away for Christmas, the student center at the church flooded an inch under water all over. Luckily there were willing servants to remove all the furniture and by books from the student center and my office. The water was sucked up, the carpets cleaned, the tile waxed, and the base boards re-installed. So last week and this week I have been "Moving" back into my office and bringing in all the furniture back into the student center. I guess I needed to redecorate my office anyway.

Our church in still without a senior pastor so that means I'm all it! Yippie! NOT. It has been a real learning experience to say the least. I have really had to rely on God for strength in dealing with people. I want to give a huge thanks for the support of my loving wife Michelle http://gods-work-in-progress.blogspot.com/ . you are awesome and I can't put into words how much you mean to me.

Well that is it for this first post. I want to give thanks to Larry Bubb for the title of my blog... "Log-eye" is a song by Larry. If you have never had Larry to your church, you should. Larry is a gifted communicator and song-writer and God uses him in a great way for revivals and other events. Check him out at
www.larrybubb.com/ .

Bob

2 comments:

Tony said...

What is up, Bob-man! Welcome to mindless waste of time that is blogging.

Actually... I think it's just about the best way I've found to keep up with everyone since we moved...

Miss you guys...

Kimberly said...

I LOVE Larry Bubb!
So good to hear from you.
Love Ya!