Saturday, April 12, 2008

Stressed Out!

So it has been a long time since I have posted and it is probably a good thing. I may have said things I would have regretted later, or maybe not. Things have been pretty stressful at the church over the past few weeks. With our new pastor celebrating his one year anniversary at the church, I can honestly say the honeymoon is over for him. There are a few "vocal" people that want to rock the boat and are against anything he or I try to get going at the church. This really came to a head this past week when the nominating committee told our pastor that he didn't have any say in who they recommend to serve on the personnel team and the stewardship team, and then they proceeded to nominate people that have created some of the greatest disunity in the church. Also this week, one member (head deacon's wife) informed me that she wasn't going to fill out the background check information required to work with students and children because she was afraid of "identity theft." When I told her she had a greater chance of identity theft giving her credit card to the waitress at a restaurant then using a secure website on the internet, she didn't understand and said she was going to consult an attorney. This same lady has created a lot of disunity in the church as well.

So, needless to say the past two weeks have been a real trying time at the church and stressful at home as well.

Other than that, I have been staying pretty busy with the ministry, home life and coaching baseball at Faith Christian High School here in town. It has been a real joy to get outside and work with students on one of the games I love. Prior to the season, my friend (the Athletic Director) and I built new dugouts at the school, which was a larger project than either of us thought prior to the job. However, we got them done and they look pretty impressive, if I do say so.

Well, that is it for now. If you would, please pray for Todd and I at the church and that we continue to follow God's leading. Also, pray for me as I continue to prepare for the trip to Brazil in July.

Bob

1 comment:

Homeward said...

Those dugouts are pretty nice. Just need to get that field a little nicer, then I can go throw my boomerang out there with the fear of it breaking if it hits the grass.